Justice Shri Shiv Narayan Dhingra has fined a lying knife for an amount of Rs.10,000/- for not divulging the fact that there is an earlier settlement arrived at by the parties in the local court and an affidavit to the same tune was given in High Court. Hiding all this information, the knife filed for maintenance under 125 CrPC again.Gurbinder Singh vs Manjit Kaur on 25 January, 2010
A society which has earlier given NOC for Raam Leela in a park later on made a U turn and filed a Contempt of Court proceeding which was duly stuck down by Hon’ble High Court of DelhiD-Block Pandav Nagar Residents Vs Amit Yadav And Ors on 13 October, 2015
Reproduced in accordance with Section 52(q) of the Copyright Act 1957 (India) from judis.nic.in, lobis.nic.in, indiacode.nic.in and other Indian High Court and District Court Websites such as ecourts.gov.in
This is a wonderful and interesting judgment from Hon’ble Allahabad High Court involving advocate fraud.
Salient Point of interest:
- Interim granted under Section 12 of PWDVA at Rs.1000/-
- On Appeal under Section 29 of PWDVA, this is enhanced to Rs.30,000/-, yes thirty thousand Indian rupees
- Proceedings under Sections 12, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 and 23 of the Act are also governed by the Cr.P.C.
- No finality has been attached to the order passed under Section 29.
[related_posts_by_tax title=”5 Recently Updated Posts, Similar or Related To Above Post” orderby=”post_modified” posts_per_page=”5″ show_date=”true”]
This is a Quash Judgment from Hon’ble AP high Court on grounds such as
- No Jurisdiction
- Delay in filing complaint
- Suppression of Material Facts
- Hiding Divorce deed
- Hiding settlement made by elders of community, after returning items given during marriage
Indiankanoon.org link: https://indiankanoon.org/doc/159121592/