Course of events in this case at High Court of Karnataka.
- Husband files Restitution of Conjugal Rights (RCR) and Wife makes defamatory statements in her Written Statement (WS)/Counter which she repeats in Examination. Trial Court allows RCR. Trail Court also allows Guardians and Wards Act (GWA) and allows visitation of Husband for the minor girl child. Wife shares the contents of the Counter with third parties.
- Husband files Defamation against Wife for sharing defamatory statements made in Counter. Trail Court allows it. 1 Month and 5000/- fine.
- Wife files Revision and Sessions Court dismisses it.
- Wife files Revision at HC to set aside the punishment given by Trial Court. HC part allows it and sets aside the punishment but enhances the fine to 15000/- to be paid within 60 days, and in default, punishment for 1 months!!!
- Husband also files Revision at HC to enhance Punishment. Dismissed