The more you let Ayurveda and Yoga become the basis for your living, the easier living gets. Here are Some Ancient Indian Health Tips. – quotes in Sanskrit
1. Ajeerne Bhojanam Visham If previously taken Lunch is not digested, taking Dinner will be equivalent to taking Poison. Hunger is one signal that the previous food is digested
2. Ardharogahari Nidhraa Proper Sleep cures half of your Diseases
3. Mudhgadhaali Gadhavyaali Of all the Pulses, Green grams are the best. It boosts Immunity. Other Pulses all have one or the other side effects.
4. Bagnaasthi Sandhaanakaro Rasonaha Garlic even joins broken Bones.
5. Athi Sarvathra Varjayeth Anything consumed in Excess, just because it tastes good, is not good for Health. Be moderate.
6. Naasthimoolam Anoushadham There is No Vegetable that has no medicinal benefit to the body.
7. Na Vaidhyaha Prabhuraayushaha No Doctor is Lord of our Longevity. Doctors have limitations.
8. Chinthaa Vyaadhi Prakaashaya Worry aggravates ill health.
9. Vyayaamascha Sanaihi Sanaihi Do any Exercise slowly. Speedy exercise is not good.
10. Ajavath charvanam Kuryaath Chew your Food like a Goat. Never Swallow food in a hurry. Saliva aids first in digestion.
11. Snaanam Naama Manahprasaadhanakaram Dhuswapna Vidhwasanam Bath removes Depression. It drives away Bad Dreams.
12. Na Snaanam Aachareth Bhukthvaa Never take Bath immediately after taking Food Digestion is afected
13. Naasthi Meghasamam Thoyam No water matches Rainwater in purity.
14. Ajeerne Bheshajam Vaari Indigestion can be addressed by taking plain water.
15. Sarvathra Noothanam Sastham Sevakaanne Puraathanam Always prefer things that are Fresh. Old Rice and Old Servant need to be replaced with new. (Here what it actually means in respect of Servant is: Change his Duties and not terminate.)
16. Nithyam Sarvaa Rasaabhyaasaha Take complete Food that has all tastes viz: Salt, Sweet, Bitter, Sour, Astringent and Pungent).
17. Jataram Poorayedhardham Annahi Fill your Stomach half with Solids, a quarter with Water and rest leave it empty.
18. Bhukthvopa Visathasthandraa Never sit idle after taking Food. Walk for at least half an hour.
19. Kshuth Saadhuthaam Janayathi Hunger increases the taste of food. In other words, eat only when hungry.
20. Chinthaa Jaraanaam Manushyaanaam Worrying speeds up ageing.
21. Satham Vihaaya Bhokthavyam When it is time for food, keep even 100 jobs aside.
22. Sarvaa Dharmeshu Madhyamaam Choose always the middle path. Avoid going for extremes in anything. This is Ayurveda a simple way of living a healthy life
ॐ Breathe in calmness, Breathe out stress and anxiety.