Rajadhani Rythu Parirakshnana Samithi filed this WP with the following prayers
- Writ of Mandamus a declaring that the State of Andhra Pradesh has no legislative competence change the Capital of the State or to denude Amaravati from being the war of the 3 civic wings of the State including the Legislature Executive i the Judiciary
- declaring that the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Repeal Act 2020 is ultra vires Articles 3 4 14 19 21 197 Parts IX and DA 300A of the Constitution of India r/w Sections 312 and 94 of the A P State Reorganisation Act 2014 and urgently declare it to be null and void
- declaring that the Andhra Pradesh Decentralisation and Inclusivement of All Regions Act 2020 is ultra vires Articles 3 4 14 19 197 174 Parts IX and IXA 300A of the Constitution of India r/w 5 312 and 94 of the A P State Reorganisation Act 2014 and consequently declare it to be null and void
- declaring the report of the High-Powered Committee dated 17 01 2020 as being bad in law and ultra vires of Articles 14 and 21 of the Constitution of India
- directing the Respondents to forthwith forbear from acting pursuant to or in furtherance of the report of the High-Powered Committee dated 17 01 2020
- directing the Respondents to forthwith forbear from shifting any of the offices of the 3 civic wings of the State including but not limited to the Raj Bhavan Chief Ministers Camp Office offices of the Secretariat Heads of Departments of the Government Police Department State Corporations State Government Offices and Officers from their current locations in and around Amaravati and from trifurcating the Capital for a period of 30 years or such time as this Hon’ble Court deems fit and proper in the circumstances of the case
- directing the Respondents to implement the Master Plan as notified on 23 06 2016 under Section 39 of the Andhra Pradesh Capital Region Development Authority Act 2014 including by constructing the necessary buildings and housing the offices of the 3 civic wings of the State Government including the Executive Judiciary and Legislature in Amaravati
On 2020-08-04: High Court granted 10 days time to file Counter.Rajadhani Rythu Parirakshnana Samithi Vs State of Andhra Pradesh and Ors on 04 August 2020_compressed
On 2020-08-14: Common Counter Filed by State. High Court ordered to file one paperbook from either side with Registrar Judicial via email id, [[email protected]]. Status Quo Maintained.Rajadhani Rythu Parirakshnana Samithi Vs State of Andhra Pradesh and Ors on 14 August 2020_compressed
Status Quo Maintained. Adjourned to Sep 21st 2020
More time is given to file Counter-affidavits.Rajadhani Rythu Parirakshnana Samithi Vs State of Andhra Pradesh and Ors on 21 Sep 2020_compressed
Multiple IAs are various subjects
- Status Quo continues on the operation of the dumbo laws (to repeal CRDA Act and to Decentralize Development Act).
- Counter to be filed by AG against the IAs seeking prohibition of spending of State Exchequer for purpose of creating infrastructure for CM at Visakhapatnam, ignoring the ones at Amaravati.
- Files preceding the setup of two committees 1) Boston Consulting Group 2) High Powered Committee; Files pertaining to the two dumbo Bills. Court ordered for those files to be placed before Court
- Issue a bulletin of AP Council notifying the 8 member Select Council to work on dumbo Bills. Also the video footage of Council for Court perusal dt 16 and 17 June 2020. Also provide Bluebooks of the dumbo Bills and the register will Bills details. Registers with Legislative called as Legislative Standing Order during 16 and 7 June 2020. And official verbatim proceedings
- Seeking Master plan notified under section 39 of CRDA Act
- appointment of advocate commissioner to find out the reality of construction of permanent buildings in Amaravati
- Suspension of operation of reports of the two committees
- Accountant General and Principal Accountant General are impleaded – Allowed; advocate also identified and reflected in cause list.
Since Government agreed not to shift the Corporation offices which were already situated outside Amaravati region, the two IAs were closed as no need for adjudication arises.Rajadhani Rythu Parirakshnana Samithi Vs State of Andhra Pradesh and Ors on 02 Nov 2020