AP High Court had to take Suo moto Cognizance of the Gas Leakage incident at Vizag, as our incumbent State Government did not register a criminal complaint. A set of observations and directions were issued by the Court and action taken report is to be submitted on 20 May 2020.In Re Poisonous gas leakage in Visakhapatnam on 07 May 2020
High Court issued the following directions.
- The Premises of the company shall be completely sealed and no one be allowed to enter into the premises including the Directors of the Company.
- The Committee, if any, appointed wants to inspect the premises, they are at liberty but they shall put a note on the Register maintained at the gate of the Company regarding the said inspection and while returning, a note regarding the act done in the premises be also noted.
- We further direct that none of the assets, movable or immovable, fixture, machinery, and contents shall be allowed to be shifted without the leave of the Court.
- As states before the Court, the Directors of the Company have surrendered their passport and they are in India, however, we direct that their passports shall not be released without the leave of the Court, and they are not allowed to go outside to India without leave.
- It be also appraised whether, during the lockdown period, any permissions were obtained to restart the operations; if not, action taken report in this regard be filed.
- In regard to the grievance shown regarding appointment of various committees by the National Green Tribunal, Central Government and State Government; the Central Government and State Government are at liberty to appraise us as to which Committee shall fulfill the purpose to answer all the quests in issue.
High Court issued more directions and earlier directions were not answered by parties.
- Amount of Styrene transported to South Korea and it’s actual market value
- Any permission to transport the Styrene to South Korea? If yes, who gave permission?
- When Company started it’s expansion work? Steps taken by Central and State Government when the Company is functioning without environment clearance?
- Whether the Company is located in Residential zone and what are the norms to be followed and whether any Rules and Regulations are followed?
- Whether it is permissible to run the Industry in Residential zone?
A complete indexed and mess-wise segregated collection of reprimands received by this incumbent State Government of YSRC Party are here.