The following is my analysis of who will be the next Chief Justice of India based on settled traditions prevailing in India. The source data is available here. Appointments of Judges are picked up from here.
Current Chief Justice of India
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice N.V. Ramana on 24-04-2021 until 26-08-2022 (for 1 year, 4 months and 4 days)
Next in Line
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Uday Umesh Lalit on 27-08-2022 until 08-11-2022 (for 2 months and 13 days)
- Hon’ble Dr. Justice D.Y. Chandrachud on 09-11-2022 until 10-11-2024 (for 2 years and 1 day)
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Hrishikesh Roy on 11-11-2024 until 31-01-2025 (for 2 months and 19 days)
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Sanjiv Khanna on 01-02-2025 until 13-05-2025 (for 3 months and 13 days)
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Bhushan Ramkrishna Gavai on 14-05-2025 until 23-11-2025 (for 6 months 10 days)
- Hon’ble Mr. Justice Surya Kant on 24-11-2025 until 09-02-2027 (for 1 year, 2 months and 16 days)
Shades of Knife
Curated, Reproduced from main.sci.gov.in, judis.nic.in, lobis.nic.in, indiacode.nic.in and other Indian High Court and District Court Websites such as ecourts.gov.in or any other Government websites such as Gazettes and repositories of Government Orders and Commented in accordance with Section 52(1)(q) of the Copyright Act 1957 (India) and any other applicable public disclosure laws/provisions in India and in various other countries.
I neither have control to remove copies of this document(s) that may be available on websites of High Courts or Supreme Court of India or any of the many other sites, law journal or reporters which carry the same judgment in entire form, nor I can remove references/links to this document(s) from the results of Search Engines such as Google.com.
Read more gyan here.
Though, I can remove content from my site, on request for any parties to a case, even though, I am not legally obligated to do so, except for express bar from a Competent Court.
Om Shanthi !!!
Oh, by the way, my competent Legal team delivers time-bound legal reliefs to victims of false family and matrimonial cases at
AnaghaLegalReliefs.in !!! (work-in-progress)
We are on social media too.
Just google for: Anagha Legal Reliefs