Here is a list of the Judgments where the accused are discharged u/s 239 Cr.P.C
- Supdt. S. Remembrancer of legal affairs W.B. Vs. Anil Kumar Bhunja- AIR 1989 SC 52
- Stree Atyachar Virodhi Parishad Vs. Dilip N. Chartia 1989 (1) SCC 715
- State of Maharashtra and Ors. v. Som Nath Thapa and Ors. AIR 1996 SC 1744
- State of M.P. v. Mohanlal Soni AIR 2000 SC 2583
- Kanti Bhadra Shah and Anr Vs State of West Bengal on 5 January 2000 (Charge-framing itself is a judicial order which implies Magistrate applied judicial mind)
- Savitri Devi Vs Ramesh Chand And Ors. on 19 May, 2003 (Appeal petition by Knife on not framing changes on relatives is dismissed)
- State Of Orissa Vs Debendra Nath Padhi on 29 November, 2004 (SC: No evidence from Defence/Accused during Charge Framing/Discharge Stage)
- Ajoy Kumar Ghose Vs State Of Jharkhand & Anr on 18 March, 2009 (Discharge and Charge Framing procedure explained)
- B.S.Neelakanta and Anr Vs State of A.P. and Anr on 04 December 2013 (AP HC: Dismissal of Discharge is set aside)
- Nitya Dharmananda @ K. Lenin Vs Sri Gopal Sheelum Reddy on 7 December, 2017 (SC: Defence can satisfy Court to seek documents of Sterling/Unimpeachable quality from IO/Prosecution that went not sent to Trial Court u/s 173 CrPC)
- C Krishna Priya Vs State of AP on 14 September 2018 (TS HC: No specific allegations, Dismissal of Discharge is set aside)
- CBI Vs Ram Swaroop Chandel and Ors on 30 Sep 2020 (Delhi HC: If the prosecution witnesses presumed to be true, without any cross examination, still conviction cannot be awarded to the accused, then deserves for discharge)
Index of Discharge Judgments u/s 227 are here. Index of Quash judgments u/s 482 are here.
MASTER SITEMAP here.